SIGNS TO LOOK FOR
These signs are signs to beware of if you notice a sudden change of a child's or teenagers behavior. These signs do not automatically mean abuse is taking place, however they are signs that one should be curious about and questions should be asked.
- Wearing a lot of baggy clothing, even in the summer
- Hiding their face from people
- Feel dirty and do not want to bring attention to their body.
- Does not want to shower
- Prolonged showers
- Walking with head hanging low
- Avoid eye contact
- Sudden Change in behavior
- Change friends
- Lose interest in sports and hobbies
- Grades start slipping
- Starts drinking and drugging
- Cutting, self mutilation